Starbucks is kicking off 2021 with a new winter menu and additions to its permanent lineup.
Starting Tuesday at participating locations nationwide, customers can order the new Honey Almondmilk Cold Brew and Pistachio Latte inspired by a beverage that first launched at Starbucks Reserve Roasteries. The latte is made with espresso and steamed milk combined with a sauce made with real pistachios and flavors of salted brown buttery topping.
Starbucks has a new Pistachio Latte as part of its winter menu.
The Seattle-based coffee giant also announced that Kale and Portabella Mushroom Sous Vide Egg Bites, and the returning Honey Almondmilk Flat White are permanent items.
Start the day smarter. Get all the news you need in your inbox each morning.
There's also a Red Velvet Loaf and Earth Cake Pop available for a limited time as well as two Starbucks Reserve whole bean coffees – Guatemala Huehuetenango and Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Chelelektu.
New chicken sandwiches coming soon: McDonald's launching new chicken sandwiches, including spicy version, in February to start new Chicken Sandwich War
Mask protests continue: As coronavirus cases surge, protests continue with one leading a California Trader Joe's to close early
The Starbucks Reserve coffee will be sold at 3,200 company-operated stores in the U.S. and previously has only been served at Starbucks Reserve Roasteries, Reserve bars, and at select Starbucks locations around the world, the company said, adding to use the Starbucks app to find which locations carry the coffee.
Other beverages like the new Pistachio Latte that also first debuted at Starbucks Roasteries before launching at Starbucks stores are the Nitro Cold Brew and seasonal drinks such as the Cascara Latte, Smoked Butterscotch Latte and the Juniper Latte.
Starbucks announcement is one of many made by restaurants about new menu items. Last week, Dunkin' released the new Extra Charged Coffee with 20% more caffeine and a Dunkfetti Donut.
Chipotle's new Cilantro-Lime Cauliflower Rice debuted nationwide Monday and McDonald's announced it would release three new chicken sandwiches Feb. 24.
Last month, Starbucks shared during its biennial Investor Day that cold beverages featuring non-dairy milk continue to resonate with customers and said millennials and Gen-Z-ers under 30 are two times more likely to drink cold coffee.
Starbucks has a new Honey Almondmilk Cold Brew, available for a limited time.
Starbucks' 2021 winter menu
Here are descriptions of the limited-time items, available while supplies last:
- Pistachio Latte: The drink is available hot, iced and blended and pairs pistachio with espresso and steamed milk and then finished with a salted brown buttery topping.
- Honey Almondmilk Cold Brew: The non-dairy beverage is made with Starbucks Cold Brew, combined with honey and then topped with almondmilk.
- Earth Cake Pop: The chocolate cake pop is dipped in a "blue chocolaty icing and finished with green and white sprinkles" and resembles the earth.
- Red Velvet Loaf: The dessert combines vanilla cake and classic red velvet cake and topped with a white chocolate icing.
New permanent menu items
Starbucks announced these items would be on the permanent menu:
- Honey Almondmilk Flat White: This flat white, which debuted in January 2020, returns and pairs almondmilk and Starbucks Blonde espresso with honey.
- Kale and Portabella Mushroom Sous Vide Egg Bites: Chopped kale and portabella mushrooms are folded into cage-free eggs with Monterey Jack cheese.
Follow USA TODAY reporter Kelly Tyko on Twitter: @KellyTyko
This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Starbucks releases winter menu with new Pistachio Latte, Honey Almondmilk Cold Brew, Red Velvet Loaf and more